Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Beginning

I have never submitted blogs or organized a blog, but now that I am on the final stages of editing book one of my Series Legends of Green Isle, I wanted to keep a diary of what I am experiencing as far as completing and submitting my work.

First a little background... I am 44, mother of three, stepmother to two, Mom Wallace to lots of others who have congretated many nights and days at my house for movies, band parties, end of school parties and whatever else. So if you guessed it by now I love kids. This series was started in 2003 from a dream I had one night and has progressed and taken on a life of its own. The thing that amazes me is I will creat a passage or event in the book and somewhere down the road, I will look back at something I created earlier and find that they fit... the creepy part is I don't remember writing it. So I believe this series was meant for me to write, and some unseen divine intervention has had a hand in it.

The series is centered around a mythical place in a parallel world, called ...(you guessed it) Green Isle. It starts with two brothers in the 1940s and progesses over 6 books and three generations. Matt and Toby, the two brothers, are transplanted during WWII from Chicago to a house in the south so their father can manage an airplane factory. Many mysteries come with the house, and the town kids tell them its haunted. Matt experiences a picture that moves, ghost voices from the garden and a talking horse named Chester. They also find out that the previous managers two kids disappeared without a trace. When Toby disappears along with two more children from the town, Chester tells Matt to get help from his new friends and meet up with him in the haunted hedge maze behind the house, where a hidden portal to Green Isle is kept. Thus Matt and his friends embark on an epic adventure to find a legendary sword that is needed to battle the dark warlock who kidnapped his brother and the other children. With the help of a dragon and a fairy, Book one and two follow their story.

So, here I am finishing part of their journey and will be soon seeking an agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment